Tuesday, March 15, 2011

...tiMe tO wAkE uP...


Mark Twight fascinates me. I read his book "Kiss Or Kill: Confessions Of A Serial Climber" and enjoy reading articles off his site GYM JONES online. I came across a quote that I have by him that says, "Some of us wake up. Others roll over." This quote came to mind this morning as I thought about my life. I was thinking about what my life IS...as opposed to what it COULD have been. I think we all fall into the trap of the old "grass is greener on the other side" thoughts from time to time. It's easy to fantasize about being happy..or another life...but sometimes, it takes work to be happy with what you have right in front of you.I like Mark Twight's philosophies and collect his quotes, because they do not just apply to sports or physical training. They are philosophies that I can also apply to the way I live my life everyday...the way I see the world...my attitude in general. I wonder how many days or even years that I've wasted "rolling over"...sleep walking through my life...dreaming it away...when instead I could be "waking up"...opening my eyes and seeing the possibilities that lie in front of me each day...doing the best I can with what I have...living a life I can be proud of; one I can love.I may not climb mountains like Mark Twight, and I've never written a book. I'm not an expert and I certainly have no followers or "disciples" as he calls them...but I CAN be great. I can "wake up" and be the greatest version of me. I can "wake up" and choose to truly see the possibilities of a new day. I can be aware. I can be grateful. I can be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment