Wednesday, March 30, 2011

...tHe RaCe...


"Life ain't a track meet. It's a marathon." That's a line from one of my favorite rap songs to run to. I agree with that to some extent, but sometimes I think life is more easily compared to a war with lots of battles leading up to the end. To win the war, we have to go through smaller battles...some we win and some we lose. To get to the end of a marathon or even a race for that matter, we have to make it through one mile at a time or one lap around the track at a time. It's easy to confuse small victories or losses as being the end, but I know that winning one battle does not win a war and running one mile faster than anyone else does not win a marathon. On the flip side, losing one battle or tripping and falling during a race does not mean it's over either.

I could write a long flowery post with great comparisons and metaphors, but today...I think less is more. I will let this video speak for itself and close with just this...

When you fall...get up. When you want to give up...don't. It is up to YOU to decide how your race will end. Will you lie there on the track and give up? Or will you get up and keep running?



10 comments:

  1. Perfect!!...Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic. Exactly what I needed today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS WAS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED AT THIS POINT OF MY JOURNEY. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO POST THESE INSPIRATIONAL BLOGS. I LOOK FORWARD TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM AND FIND THAT EACH OF THEM SPEAKS TO ME IN A DIFFERENT WAY. ALSO, THANKS FOR SHARING THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES - I KNOW I CAN DO THIS!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrea Winbush LottMarch 30, 2011 at 10:40 AM

    Thank you so much for sharing. I have posted this on my FB page Psalm 139 Woman - Fearfully and Wonderfully Made Divas of Fitness. It is designed to help encourage women to continue on their journey towards a healthier lifestyle. I am sure this will encourage many to get up and get started again on their way to their victory!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This video is beyond my words! All I can say is that it's exactly what I needed on this cold rainy afternoon. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved this video! i have reposted on facebook as well. It works, not just for our fitness journey's but for life!! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marsha, awesome! thank you for sharing this is perfect after a not so great WOD today. Perfect! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're all so welcome. It inspired me on a chilly dreary morning so I wanted to share and I'm glad it could do the same for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the video and your inspiring posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost cried watching that. thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete