Saturday, October 29, 2011

...aSk nOt foR a LigHteR buRdEn...

Sometimes in life, it can feel as though the task we face and the burden we have to carry are too much. We can always wish for lighter burdens or choose to give up...or...we can work towards broader shoulders that are more capable of carrying the heavy load. This applies to life in general AND in the gym.

You can take it easy, or you can continually push yourself towards more. So what if you can't lift the weight. Keep trying and eventually you will. So what if you finish last. Someday you won't, but you'll never know that if you quit. It may not happen as quickly as you would like...but it WILL eventually happen. You will be stronger and have those "broader shoulders"...capable of more. You will have the confidence and ability to take on any task and face any burden that comes your way.

ANYBODY can complain. ANYBODY can give up at the first sign of discomfort. Don't be just ANYBODY...be more. Be somebody that stands out...a bright spot in an otherwise dark situation. In the words of Jim Rohn, "Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better."

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I went for a run today, which turned into a walk while we chatted about things, and I told him, "sometimes I just wish things weren't so hard." You have perfect timing. Thanks for the post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU Jennifer! You know, I've often told some of the closest people to me that doing this is odd at times. I feel like I am trying to motivate others AND myself at the same time. Everyone has their moments. I am no exception so just between you and me...I needed this as much as anyone after a week where I didn't feel very successful in the gym. I'm so glad that tomorrow is Monday and it's a fresh week to start again! :) Hang in there. You aren't alone!

    ReplyDelete