Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A strong will and faith to match

9 years ago when I weighed 200 lbs, if someone had told me that I would be sitting here typing these words today...I would have laughed.  I was very unhappy and felt very defeated.  It wasn't until I made a decision to stop doubting myself and started working really hard towards a goal that my life and body began to change.  It was a very slow process, but I was successful! 

The hard part is that the struggle is not over once we meet a goal or lose all the weight.  It is a never ending battle.  You have to commit and recommit over and over, and you have to be willing to make your health a way of life.  Most importantly, you can never lose faith in yourself and your ability to change and be fit!  We all have times where we slide back into old habits or start to feel discouraged.  Don't let that stop you, or worse drag you back down to where you once were! 


The only thing between you and what you want in life is your will to try and faith to believe it's possible...because it IS possible to change!  It doesn't matter whether you have "bad genetics" or kids or you're busy or getting older.  Let motivational pics inspire you, but never try to look like anyone else.  Set goals and work towards improving YOURSELF and becoming the best possible version of YOU!  No matter what...if you have the will to change and be better...you CAN achieve your goals with hard work and belief in yourself!  I did, and so can you!


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! September marks my anniversary of my committment to leading a healthy active lifestyle! 6 years ago I made that committment to myself to not only loose the weight (I'm guessing around the same amount as you) but to continue living a healthy lifestyle. Last year to celebrate 5 years, I did a two bench tricep dip with the weight (in plates) I had lost on my lap. This year to celebrate 6 years I am running a 10k (before I had never even ran a quarter of a mile). Your post is right on! Committment, determination, faith...its all there you just have to find it in yourself! Thank you for the uplifting words as it comes at a great time for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to hear more about the journey and some of the more specific details about how you transformed your body composition in the way that you have.... what things were you most surprised about? what most challenged you? What happens to your skin when you lose weight? I ask from a personal interest - as someone who is on this journey. When you lose a substantial amount of weight - how do you make sure skin is not loose, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely, with strong will, you can do everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am now not sure the place you're getting your information, however good topic. I needs to spend a while studying much more or working out more. Thank you for excellent information I was searching for this information for my mission.
    my web site :: losing weight

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Henry Ford said "Whatever you can concieve and believe, you can achieve" and he wasn't wrong. The mind is the most powerful thing in the world and your body and actions will always follow your mind. You have also proved that quote, well done. By the way between 2002 & 2010 you totally transformed, you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspiring blog, count me in as a reader! I especially like the Facebook page. Greetings from Finland, soon it's time to do the majority of WODs indoors because of the weather. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are such an inspiration. This is proof that you can really can do anything if you put your mind to it.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is really awesome, that is why I just keep on coming back. It will be my pleasure if you visit mine @ http://www.zuup.com/what-is-zuup You see I’m a health care enthusiast, looking forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete