Tuesday, September 13, 2011

...dEfiNiTioN...

"I BELIEVE THAT THE DEFINITION OF DEFINITION IS REINVENTION. TO NOT BE LIKE YOUR PARENTS. TO NOT BE LIKE YOUR FRIENDS. TO BE YOURSELF. COMPLETELY." ~Henry Rollins

Most of us that workout have talked about muscle definition at one time or another. That's what I've been wanting more of lately...more definition. One thing that many average gym goers don't understand is that while it is important to lift weights...much of the muscle "definition" that people are looking for comes from being lean. You can work the muscles but if they are covered up with fat...you will never see good muscular definition.

I started thinking that defining who we are on the inside is much the same. Just as we have to take the steps necessary to see good muscular definition...by working hard in the gym and losing fat...we need to have the courage to take the steps necessary to define who we can be on the inside as well. We have to be willing to be different...to struggle...to get rid of the extra fluff that conceals who we really are...who we want to be. If we are trying to pretend to be someone we are not...or if we are struggling to be the person we THINK everyone else wants us to be...we won't be able to see the true definition of who we are on the inside. It will cover up our true selves just like extra fat hides muscles.




Be strong enough to work for what you want in the gym...even when it hurts or it's inconvenient, and be strong enough to be yourself...even when other people may not like it. Decide. Do. Define. Decide who you are...who YOU want to be. Do what it takes. Define YOURSELF...inside and out.








3 comments:

  1. What a great post!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. When I decided to get in shape I determined my journey was to get strong physically and spiritually (inside and out!) And while muscle definition is difficult to obtain, it's much easier than defining myself on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I love reading your blog. So inspiring. Thank you for being you. I so wish I could meet you one day. You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete