Thursday, April 14, 2011

...tHaNkS bUddHa...

Sometimes, it's hard to know what to write. It seems that if I can't come up with something great...something thought provoking or brilliant...I should just not write anything at all. Unfortunately, if that were the case...I'd probably never get anything written. I have nothing to rant about (ie: boobs), no stories of triumph, or inspirational videos today. I seem to be drawing a blank. So why am I hell bent on writing???

I grabbed my laptop and sat down with my eggs and bacon on my bed...thinking about what I could possibly write. My back is sore from yesterday's workout and my legs are hurting. I was just about to give up hope and wait for inspiration to come another day, when I looked around my bedroom and thought about how much I love to sit right where I am...on my bed...with my cat driving me crazy rubbing her head on my sore leg. I sat still for a minute to take it in. It occurred to me that even though things aren't exactly as I would like them to be in my life right now...I still want to be thankful. I don't want to be thankful just in concept either. I want to be consciously thankful.

There's a quote from Buddha that says,
"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn alot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us be thankful."
So, being humbled by those words, I can write this today... I am sore, but I am satisfied. I am satisfied because I know that I am working hard to be in great physical shape...to strengthen my body and mind. I am hurting, but I am hopeful...and with that hope comes happiness...happiness because I have overcome my perceived limitations and the fear that accompanies them and hope because I never want to lose the desire for more...hope that I will continue to knock down the walls that keep me from reaching my true potential...hope that there is more for me.

I need to remember to give thanks for the simplest of blessings...a strong body...a loving family...a comfortable home...a soft bed...food in my belly...and a "ball of fur" showing me love without getting anything in return. These things seem like a given, but they are not for so many. Take a moment to think about what you are thankful for. The next time you dread going to the gym, take a moment and be happy that you are able. We can always be thankful as long as we can draw breath...because as long as we are breathing...we are alive. And as long as we are alive, we can work to improve ourselves.

Thanks Buddha.

4 comments:

  1. Love your motivational energies, for sure, thank you so very much!!
    Peace....Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marsha First I Want To say Thank You For This Site. And, Thank You For The Before Picture. I See You And I Thought "Well She Never Had Any Kind Of Struggle To Getting Fit"But Then One Day You Posted Your Before {Picture And I Took A Second Look. Now To Me Your Credible.... I Can Relate To You. Thank You For That! I Love Your Blog And Your Expressive Thoughts. I Am Currently About 90LBS Overweight. And Today Was The First Day I Actually Put My Workout CD In And Struggled Through. But I Felt Exhilerated When I Finished! My Goal Is to Lose ()LBS Of Fear, Low Self Esteem And Hate For Myself. Your Blog Helps Me See Myself Differently And I Thank You Soo Much For Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I need to remember to give thanks for the simplest of blessings...a strong body...a loving family...a comfortable home...a soft bed...food in my belly...and a "ball of fur" showing me love without getting anything in return. These things seem like a given, but they are not for so many."

    Well said, Marsha. Simple pleasurs, simple blessings -- eternally grateful.

    ReplyDelete